Kaiapoi Railway Station

Original Filename: PH13-355.jpg (view)

Original Size: 132.8 KB

Original Image Type: image/jpeg

Kaiapoi Railway Station.

Caption

 Derelict Kaiapoi Station, 11 August 1998

1990s

The station which was designed by George Troup, was opened in 1904.  it was badly damaged by  a storm in 1976 and subsequently relocated and restored in 2002 to become the Information Centre for the Waimakariri District.  In 2012 it was further slightly relocated as a result of the 2010 earthquakes. Source:  Waimakariri District Libraries: A brief History of the Kaiapoi Railway Station

Entry in the 2013 Christchurch City Libraries Photo Hunt.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion