Godley Head lighthouse

Original Filename: PH13-093.jpg (view)

Original Size: 174 KB

Original Image Type: image/jpeg

Godley Head lighthouse.

Caption

A lighthouse and keepers cottage was erected in the early 1860's, constructed with locally quarried stone.  It  first displayed its light in early 1865. Access to the light was initially by way of a pack track from Evans Pass. This shows the second stage of the lighthouse and keepers' cottage development and is thought to be around 1882 - 5.

Entry in the 2013 Christchurch City Libraries Photo Hunt

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion