Topic: Springfield Road, Christchurch

Topic type:

Springfield Road runs from Bealey Avenue to St Albans Street. It was named after Springfield, a farm of 25 acres in St Albans.

Springfield was first owned by David Innes (1830-1865). Later owners were the Count de la Pasture, Mr Hill, a bank manager and John Thomas Matson (1845-1895). He imported ostriches, llamas and many kinds of rare birds. On his death the property of 25 acres was subdivided.

 

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Springfield Road, Christchurch


City:Christchurch
Suburb :St Albans
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 New Zealand License
Springfield Road, Christchurch by CityScape is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 New Zealand License