Topic: St Asaph Street, Christchurch

Topic type:

Named after the Anglican bishopric of St. Asaph in Wales.

Named after the Anglican bishopric of St. Asaph in Wales.

Named by Captain Joseph Thomas (b. 1803?) and Edward Jollie (1825-1894).

One of the original streets of Christchurch named in 1850. The names were taken from bishoprics listed in Burke's Peerage.

First mentioned in The Lyttelton Times in 1852 when 1/4 acre sections are advertised for sale there.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

St Asaph Street, Christchurch


City:Christchurch
Suburb :Phillipstown