Topic: Lincoln Road - Christchurch Street
Named after Henry Pelham Fiennes Pelham Clinton, Earl of Lincoln
Named after Henry Pelham Fiennes Pelham Clinton, Earl of Lincoln 1811-1851 and 5th Duke of Newcastle from 1851 (1811-1864).
The earl was a foundation member of the Canterbury Association in 1848 and from 1851 a member of the management committee. In addition he was Godley’s friend and patron.
First mentioned in the Lyttelton Times in 1851.
First appears in street directories in 1878 running off the South Town Belt (later Moorhouse Avenue).