Topic: Aldwins Road

Topic type:

Named after Samuel Aldwin (1846-1892).

Named after Samuel Aldwin (1846-1892).

Aldwin’s brickworks were on the corner of Aldwins Road and Ferry Road.

First mentioned in the Star in 1873 in a report of a meeting of the city council where it is referred to as "Aldwin's".

First appears in street directories in 1894.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Aldwins Road


City:Christchurch
Source :"City Council", Star, 25 March
Suburb :Linwood and Phillipstown