Topic: Provincial Hotel

Topic type:

274 Cashel Street, at the Corner of Barbadoes and Cashel Streets

The licence for the original hotel was granted to Robert Wagner on 1 May 1865. During the earlier years there were two licences, one for the hotel and another - a wine and beer licence - for an eating-house known as the Provincial Larder. The licensee from 1898 was D. Edmonds. This building was condemned by the Licensing Committee in 1902 and rebuilt.


See Early Christchurch hotels / compiled by Jim Watson

Built 1903

Legal Description Part TS 945

 

 

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion