Topic: Struthers Lane

Topic type:

Struthers Lane, named after Robert Struthers of Mason, Struthers & Co. The hardware and saddlery company owned a significant proportion of the south end of Struthers Lane and were bastions of Christchurch business.

Formerly Greens Way. Re-named Struthers Lane on 1 September 1948 when 120 streets were re-named.


Struthers opened a small hardware shop, Mason & Struthers, in partnership with Frederick Mason about 1886. The Mason Struthers building was demolished in 2006.

 

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Struthers Lane


City:Christchurch