Topic: Medway Street, Christchurch
Medway Street runs from North Parade through to River Road in the suburb of Richmond.
Formerly Minchin’s Road and named after Edward Corker Minchin (1821- 1899) who was one of the first owners of property at what later became Caledonian Road. Re-named Medway Street in 1916, probably after Medway in Kent, England.
- Source Christchurch City Libraries. Christchurch street and place names.