Topic: Librarian's House, 109 Cambridge Terrace

Topic type:

The former Librarian's House on the corner 109 Cambridge Terrace and Hereford Street, Christchurch.

Corner 109 Cambridge Terrace and Hereford Street, Christchurch
Originally entered in the List as a Category 2 historic place (#3704) - Demolished 2011

This two-storey brick villa was built to house the Head Librarian of Christchurch Public Library in 1894. It was designed by Collins and Harman, the architectural firm founded by William Armson, the architect of the first brick building of the library complex.  The former Librarian's house was significant as part of the former public library complex.


Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion