St Paul's Church, 1 Harewood Road
Original Filename: PHG30GS.JPG (view)
Original Size: 327.4 KB
Original Image Type: image/pjpeg
St Paul's Church,1 Harewood Road, Papanui, Christchurch, is one of the oldest parishes on the Canterbury plains. Established in 1853, St Paul's Anglican Church was enlarged twice before being rebuilt usingKauri timber in 1877 to the design of the notable architect B.W. Mountfort. In 1880 a peal of five bells was presented to the church by Mr J T Matson. The weight of the bells proved too much for the tower and it was rebuilt in 1913.