Latest 10 topics

Portstone was built in the 1860s. In 1971 new owners Bruce and Maureen Currie Page renamed it Portstone and used
Radley Park Playground.
3 Hectare park with Dog exercise area and Childrens Playgroung
Woolston Borough Monument and Setting.
The Monument commemorates the proclamation of Woolston as a borough in 1893. Located in Ferry Road at the corner of
Nurse Maude Building.
Built in 1918 the former Nurse Maude District Nursing Association building was located at 192 Madras Street and demolished after
Formerly located at 180 - 184 High Street, on the Lichfield Street, Manchester Street and High Street corner. Badly damaged
Tiptree Cottage located at 63 Savills Road, Harewood was built by William Savill sometime between 1861 and 1868.
New Vauxhall Victor at New University.
The School of Engineering was the second area of the University to relocate to the new site at Ilam. While
Hagley College.
Hagley College,(previously Hagley Community College) is a non-integrated state secondary school in inner-city Christchurch, New Zealand. Prior to 1966 the
The building opened as a primary school in 1916 and, after it was replaced by a larger school across the

Information about Christchurch's places, suburbs and streets.

Definitive origins of many names of Christchurch streets are not possible. In some cases there may be more than one possible origin so all known possibilities are listed. As Christchurch evolved, and boroughs joined the city, duplicate street names occurred. To overcome this duplication and the confusion it caused, streets were later renamed. References to these former and later names are included.

This is a semi-locked basket; to join the basket contact the site administrator.

 

image

Random Image from the Archive

Kendal Avenue, Burnside, 15 January 2016 #P1030226.

Blank Play/Pause Slideshow. Next Image.