Topic: User manual
A guide to how to use different parts of Kete.
The Site is about sharing content and therefore we have adopted the Creative Commons Licence to govern how material is used on the Kete site. You should read the Kete Terms and Conditions for further detail.
- Audio recordings
- Video recordings
- URLs of web resources
as well as:
- Topics (articles on a subject, person, place, event or thing)
- Discussion or comments
Topics are like collaboratively written encyclopedia articles. They are written online by anyone at all, and can be edited by other Kete users. Wikipedia is a good example of collaboratively written material.
Items are uploaded to Kete by anybody with an internet connection, and in any common file format.
All Topics and Items can be 'flagged' to the attention of the Kete administrators if, you think it contains inappropriate material.
There are many ways to use this Kete:
- Search or browse the collection
- Register for RSS feeds of changes to items or topics
- Comment and discuss items and topics
- Tag existing items and topics with keyword search terms
- Edit existing items and topics
- Link existing items and topics together
- Link existing topics together
- Add new items of any format
- Write new topics or articles on any subject you like
Before you get started you should also read our House Rules.