Opening of Wilding Park

Original Filename: PH13-161.jpg (view)

Original Size: 226.7 KB

Original Image Type: image/jpeg

Opening of Wilding Park.

Caption

Dallington Bridge near the middle of the picture. Gayhurst Road runs from bridge to top. There are 2 tram trailers parked in Gloucester Street almost opposie Lionel Street. Note glasshouses in the area. To the right of Wilding Park is "Woodham". In the trees enclosed by Lionel Street is the home of Mr Moss, inventor of stamp franking machine.

1927.

Entry in the 2013 Christchurch City Libraries Photo Hunt.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion