All Results in topics

showing 1901-1920 results of 1943 [
]
Belfast Cemetery opened in 1904.
Gebbies Valley was originally a sheep-farming district on the Peninsula, twenty-three miles by rail from Christchurch, on the Christchurch-Little River railway line. A road runs through the valley and over
The Globe Continuous Pictures was an early Christchurch cinema which opened in 1912.
Petrol stations, garages, service stations or even the old fashoned term bowsers, have been a common feature of the suburban and rural landscape for decades.
Frank Vernon Adamson (Service no. 24/336) was a First World War Soldier with links to Heathcote and New Brighton.
Dave Howell has been a regular contributor to the Christchurch City Libraries annual photo hunt since 2008. This topic gathers together all of his contributions.
This unreinforced masonry (brick) building, two storey in front, one storey at rear is partially collapsed, and was the scene of a fatality  (parked car crushed?). Street façade has fallen
Starland Theatre was an early Christchurch cinema built in 1916
Kent House, (Radio New Zealand House) at 51 Chester Street West ws situated on corner of Durham Street North and Chester Street West. The building was damaged in the 22