All Results in topics

showing 1761-1780 results of 1838 [
]
Avonhead Park Cemetery was opened in 1983.
The Armagh Street frontage of the Orion buildings. Formerly the Municipal Electricity Department (MED) buildings.  These were built in 1928-29, and the well-known MED offices next door on the corner
Charles Hugh Fendall Hamilton (Service no. 6/2152) was a young man with links to St. Augustine's Anglican Church, Cashmere, who fought and died in the First World War.
The former Municipal Electricity Department (MED) building on the corner of Manchester and Armagh streets.  These were completed in 1938-39. In its heyday the MED buildings and workshops took over
Albert Bert Highsted (Service no. 6/1095) was a First World War soldier and former employee of Christchurch City Council
Hubert Noel Jarvis (Service no. 6/1157) was a First World War soldier.
William James Allason ( service number 28946) enlisted for the First World War with a Peterborough Street address.
Albert Brant (Service no. 6/1051) was a First World War soldier
Roy Percival Herman (Service no. 6/65) was a First World War soldier.
Frank Linton Buttle (Service no. 6/945) was a First World War soldier.
The Cimetière Catholiques or French Cemetery opened in 1840 and is now closed.
The Union Centre Buildings were constructed for Thomas Armstrong, a draper, and owner of one of Christchurch’s department stores. The Canterbury Earthquakes took a serious toll on the building and
Colin Miln (Service no. 7/2079) was a World War One soldier with links to Halswell.
John William Turton Ross (Service no. 6/979) was a First World War soldier
George Cuthbert Mayne (service no. 7/179) was a First World War soldier with links to St. Augustine's Anglican Church, Cashmere.