All Results in topics

showing 1741-1760 results of 1922 [
]
Now known as Linwood Baptist Community Church Located at the corner of  Worcester Street and Linwood Avenue.
The Union Centre Buildings were constructed for Thomas Armstrong, a draper, and owner of one of Christchurch’s department stores. The store was first established in High Street, expanding to Colombo
Sydenham School, once the largest school in New Zealand, stood on the corner of Colombo and Brougham Streets for nearly one hundred and thirty years. For many years there was
South City Library was established as a transitional library in a vacant shop in South City Mall, Colombo Street, following the February 2011 earthquake.   It was a temporary replacment for
Now closed.
Albert Wilson (Service no. 39135 ) was a First World War soldier and former employee of Christchurch City Council.
James Home Aitken (Service no. 6/4) was a First World War soldier
George Basil Lee Porter (Service no. 6/122) was a soldier in the First World War with links to Christchurch
Cecil House was constructed c.1905 possibly to a design by Collins and Harman. The building is located on the corner of Manchester and Welles Street and was originally built as
Roy Noel Sime (Service no. 6/1011) was a First World War soldier
The Open Air Pictures was an early Christchurch cinema which opened in 1910.
 This building known as Santa Barbara, was designed by architect Francis Willis and built in 1936. It has a Category 2 Historic Places Trust listing.  Formerly a residence it is now