All Results in topics

showing 141-160 results of 1800 [
]
Built in 1900, and located at 192-194 Manchester Street, Christchurch.
Formerly Canal Reserve Road. Re-named Linwood Avenue.
Runs from Tuam Street to North Avon Road.
The Woolston war memorial is the Cricket Pavilion Building on Woolston Park, Ferry Road.
Tilford Street runs from Ferry Road to Linwood Avenue.
A large sports park, made up of a softball training field, plus rugby & cricket fields, tennis court & half court. There is also a playground, fitness equipment & public
Formerly Sumner Road. Named after John Bird Sumner (1780-1862). Re-named Ferry Road. Named because it was the road leading to the ferry at the Heathcote River. From St Asaph Street
Situated in the Avon River, between the Durham Street South Bridge and Montreal Street Bridge, the island marks the location of Christchurch's first public swimming baths, which opened in 1877.
Situated on Cambridge Terrace, on the banks of the Avon River, the Bricks Site memorial, erected in 1926, marks an original landing site used by European settlers travelling up the
Edward Terence Joseph Moyna (Service no. 52688) was a First World War soldier with links to the Waltham and Halswell areas.
James Patrick Collins (Service no. 50192) was a World War One soldier with links to Halswell.
Douglas James Guiney (Service no. 50173) was a First World War soldier with links to the Halswell area.
Built in 1905 to replace an earlier drillshed, the King Edward Barracks played an important role in Christchurch's military history, and was later used for civic functions prior to its
Built in 1880, the former Magistrates Court building was designed by architect, Benjamin Mountfort.
The Victoria Street Bridge crosses the Avon River and was officially opened on 26 September 1864.
Built in 1879 for Andrew Anderson the house is named after Merchiston Castle, the school he attended in Scotland. The house began with four rooms and was expanded to meet
History of the Horseshoe Lake Reserve in Burwood, Christchurch