All Results in topics

showing 121-140 results of 1621 [
]
Named after Chancery, a division of the English High Court.
Phillipstown is a small inner suburb of Christchurch. It lies south-east of the city centre being bordered by Tuam Street to the north, Olliviers Road to the east, the rail
The Pump House building recycling business, uses the former City Waterworks Pumping Station as its business premises. The main buildings sustained some minor wall cracking internally but practically undamaged. The
Majestic House operated by the City New Life Centre was demolished in 2014.
Frank Pardoe Hibell (Service no. 2/1356) was a First World War soldier with links to Sumner.
Robert Ash (Service no. 26979) was a First World War soldier with links to Sumner.
Edwin Hugh Senior (Service no. 7/394) was a First World War soldier with links to Sumner
John Barclay Campbell (Service no. 21562) was a First World War soldier with links to New Brighton
Named after John Bird Sumner (1780-1862), the popular seaside suburb of Sumner lies on the south-east coast of Christchurch.
The following was compiled from the list of the theatres and cinemas published on the Canterbury Film Society's website. They are listed in chronological order based on the opening of
The Majestic Theatre was an early Christchurch cinema which opened in 1930.
Named after the English bishopric of Manchester.
Coker's Hotel had historical and social significance as it has operated continuously as a hotel in the city since 1879. Badly damaged in September and December 2010 events, notice was