All Results in topics
showing 61-80 results of 1541 [ ]
This booklet tells the story of the first private railway siding in Papanui adjacent to the Railway Station.
44 Sawyers Arms Road is one of the oldest surviving cottages in the Papanui. This story traces the land from Anne Bowen to the preservation of the building by Lady
This documents traces the establishment of places of worship in the days of Papanui's past.
This is the story of the history of Saint James Park and how it came to be.
This report delves deeper into some of the particularly interesting houses found during the pre-1920 Historic Houses Study.
a study of pre-1920 houses on the Papanui area prepared by Murray Williams and others and published by the Papanui Heritage Group, March 2009
Built in 1910 Knowlescourt at 274 Papanui Road was demolished after earthquake damage in 2011.
The Tea Caddy House, 465 Papanui Road, was owned by several early identities and the source of some controversy.
This document traces the path of the Papanui from being a village to becoming a suburb of Christchurch City.
"William Horner's 50 Acres" tells the story of the development of William Horner's 50 Acres in Papanui.
Papanui High School was built as Papanui Technical College in 1936. The photos and information shown here are courtesy of Mr. Pat Wylie who attended the school in the late
Papanui's Pictorial Past. Come for a walk around the shops through a series of 40 photographs.
Kruse's Drain is one of many dug by the early settlers but is is surprising where it's sometime hidden course takes it and the landmarks it passes.