All Results in topics

showing 41-60 results of 1873 [
Named after the Brittan family.
The Former Sydenham Post Office occupied a prominent corner site at the intersection of Colombo Street and Brougham Street. Built in 1912 during a period of major public works throughout
Champion swimmer and surf lifesaver, celebrated WW2 fighter pilot, commerical pilot and awarded hero. A true son of Canterbury.
Herbert Victor Tregoning (Service no. 6/3184) was a First World War soldier who lived in the Wharenui, Riccarton area prior to the War.
Cement/whitewash rendered cob (or sod) cottage located on the Main Road near the Ferrymead Bridge, Ferrymead
Christchurch's Roman Catholic Cathedral, the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament, was considered one of the finest examples of Church architecture in Australasia. Designed by  Francis William Petrie in a neo-classical
Christchurch's Roman Catholic Cathedral, the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament was designed by Francis William Petrie and was badly damaged in the 2010 & 2011 earthquakes.
Named after Gloucester, an English bishopric.
The School of Engineering was the second area of the University to relocate to the new site at Ilam. While building work continued, the School was sufficiently completed to be
Formerly Sumner Road. Named after John Bird Sumner (1780-1862). Re-named Ferry Road. Named because it was the road leading to the ferry at the Heathcote River. From St Asaph Street