All Results in topics

showing 1-20 results of 1923 [
]
Runs between Alexandra Street and London Street, Richmond Probably named after Francis Pavitt (1834-1909).  Pavitt was a surveyor and resident magistrate. He practised in Christchurch for some time.
Norman Henry Fraser (Service #27007) was a soldier in the First World War who lived for a time in the Wharenui, Riccarton area.
Sarsfield "Archie" Collins (Service no. 13/27) was a soldier in WW1 who lived with his family in Halswell.
Runs from Tuam Street to North Avon Road.
Formerly Sumner Road. Named after John Bird Sumner (1780-1862). Re-named Ferry Road. Named because it was the road leading to the ferry at the Heathcote River. From St Asaph Street
The Avon River / Otakaro starts in the suburb of Avonhead and winds for 14 kms through Christchurch City to the sea.
Ōrauwhata: Bishopdale Library and Community Centre opened on Saturday 22 July 2017 on the site of the former Bishopdale Creche in Bishopdale Mall.  This replaced the former Bishopdale Community Centre
Bishopdale was the third library to be opened in the Waimairi County Libraries network. It was opened on 18 September 1976 by the Prime Minister Robert Muldoon as part of
Christchurch City Libraries is a network of 20 libraries and a mobile library operating throughout the Christchurch City area.
History of the Horseshoe Lake Reserve in Burwood, Christchurch
Clarence 'Cal' Victor Palmer (Army Service #6/3124) was a soldier in the First World War who lived for a while in the Wharenui area and attended school there.
Robert George Wetherall (Service No. 40855 ) was a First World War soldier with links to Heathcote
 Located at 140 Main Road Main Road, Redcliffs untill the 2010/2011 earthquake sequence closed the school. Temporary location at Truro Street, Sumner
 Located at 140 Main Road Main Road, Redcliffs untill the 2010/2011 earthquake sequence closed the school. Temporary location at Truro Street, Sumner
Formerly located at 180 - 184 High Street, on the Lichfield Street, Manchester Street and High Street corner. Badly damaged n the 2011 earthqukes the building was demolished  
A Catholic church has been on this site since 1878.  The 19th century church was demolished in 1999.  The original church hall remains behind the new church.  A presbytery was