All Results in topics about a Buildings

showing 101-120 results of 334 [
]
Initially constructed in 1851, this former dwelling has historical associations with Dr. Benjamin Moorhouse and the printing firm, Pegasus Press.
Built in 1887, the former Municipal Chambers were designed by Samuel Hurst Seager and are an example of Queen Anne Revival architecture.
The Durham Street Methodist Church opened on Christmas Day 1864. Built of Halswell stone it was the first church to be erected in permanent materials in Canterbury and was Gothic
Crowne Plaza Hotel (formerly the Parkroyal Hotel) on the corner of Kilmore and Durham Streets.
St Michael’s School is bounded by Oxford Terrace,Durham Street and Tuam Street,
Demolished in 2012.
Built in 1881 to a classical design, the Oxford Terrace Baptist Church stood on the corner of Madras Street and Oxford Terrace until its demolition in 2011.
The building on the corner of Hereford Street and Cambridge Terrace, later known as Library Chambers, was the home of the Canterbury Public Library for over one hundred years, until
 31 Dundas Street was built for boot manufacturers M. O'Brien & Co in 1901.  The business was founded in 1884 by Michael O'Brien, and operated from the Dundas Street factory
Ubiquitous in the urban landscape of Christchurch are the small brick and concrete pump houses and electric substations that bring essential services to our homes.
Located at 117 Manchester Street, a boarding house and restaurant
Christchurch City Council's offices for 56 years from 1924-1980, located at 194 Manchester Street.
Built in 1929 as part of the River Bank Improvement Scheme with contributions made by Thomas Edmonds.
Corner Norwich Quay, & Oxford Street, Lyttelton 8012
The houseat 73 River Road was once part of a 40-hectare farm that was accessed from Stanmore Rd but is now surrounded by houses. The title for the plot was
From 1879 - 1967 was owned by the Anderson family of Andersons Engineering Ltd. Related Listing at Heritage New Zealand
The Holiday Inn Avon located on Oxford Terrace, was formerly the Avon Motor Lodge. Badly impacted by the 2010/2011 earthquakes it was partially demolished.
Also known as Old Stone House, the Cracroft House Servants' Quarters was built in 1870 to house the Indian employees of John Cracroft Wilson.
Originally a fire station, the building was converted into a Plunket room in 1930.
Riverview Lodge is an example of a turn-of-the century middle-class home, possibly built as a speculative venture by baker Harry Leader - who probably also built adjacent houses in Churchill