All Results in documents

showing 1-20 results of 218 [
]
"War Memorial Avenues, Papanui, Christchurch, New Zealand" is a booklet prepared by Janet Tillman and published by the Papanui Heritage Group. Click on the Download button below to read the
This booklet tells the story of the first private railway siding in Papanui adjacent to the Railway Station.
44 Sawyers Arms Road is one of the oldest surviving cottages in the Papanui.
This booklet traces the establishment of places of worship in Papanui.
The story of St James Park in Papanui.
The Papanui Domain covers just over six acres (about 2.5 hectares) on Sawyers Arms Road. Click on the Download button below to read the story.
Henry Matson, 1814 - 1885, was an early European settler in Papanui.
This report delves deeper into some of the particularly interesting houses found during the pre-1920 Historic Houses Study and gives examples of eight different housing styles
The Papanui Police Stations since 1879.
The story of the several buildings that served as the Papanui Town Hall from 1871 - 1978 and public libraries from the Mechanics Institute to the present library in Langdons
This is a survey of pre-1920 historic houses in the Papanui area prepared and published by the Papanui Heritage Group. Click on the Download button below to read the story.
The "Tea Caddy House" is a booklet prepared and published by the Papanui Heritage Group. Click on the Download button below to read the story.
The story of the development of William Horner's 50 acres (RS 304.)
A brief History of Papanui including the effects of the 2010-2011 Earthquakes updated 2013
This is a booklet prepared by Christine Grant, edited by Warren Hudson and published by the Papanui Heritage Group in November 2008. Click on the Download button below to read
"Papanui's Path from Village to City" is a booklet prepared and published by the Papanui Heritage Group. Click on the Download button below to read the story.
Kruse's Drain is a natural but highly modified waterway, one of many dug by early European settlers, running from near Marblewood Drive, through Harewood Road area to Northcote, St Bede's
Papanui Building; an obituary for a Papanui Centenarian, tells the story of Robert Rickerby's Papanui Building.
The Sawyers Arms Hotel opened in 1854 & was Papanui's first Hotel ( or "public house"). Click on the Download button below to read the story.