Explore Kete Christchurch

Detail Great Choice ChCh Event New Brighton 2 Duvachelle-Onawe
brights.bridge Sunday afternoon, Sumner promenade New Brighton mall bollards and the fountain
ph15 Help? talk

 

Kete Christchurch is an online resource bringing together records of local events, people, places and events - current and historical. Our aim is to gather the knowledge held by  the community about the Christchurch and Banks Peninsula area by inviting people to share stories, photos, video and audio on this site.
Anybody with any information about Christchurch and Banks Peninsula that will enrich this archive is invited to contribute.  
Register on Kete to begin, or contact us.
 

Latest 50 topics

Larel, 277 Papanui Road .
The dwelling Larel at 277 Papanui Road, was built in 1924, and demolished in 2011 due to earthquake damage.
277 Papanui Road 'Laurel', building removed.
The dwelling Larel at 277 Papanui Road, was built in 1924, and demolished in 2011 due to earthquake damage.
Charles Herbert Raxworthy (Service no. 4/1837) was a First World War soldier with links to Upper Riccarton.
Highway Lodge, 121 Papanui Road.
Highway Lodge was built in 1907 in an English Domestic Revival style and designed by leading architectural practice Seager, Wood
Highway Lodge, 121 Papanui Road, 12 March 2011 #DSC04661.
The building sustained significant damage from the 4th September 2010 and 2010 boxing day earthquakes and associated aftershocks.  Later it
The Piano Centre for Music and the Arts, Side view.
The Piano, designed by architect Alun Wilkie and built by Leighs Construction was opened in September 2016 as a replacement
William Thomas Gawler (Service no. 21816) was a First World War soldier with links to Upper Riccarton.
21 - St Paul's Sunday School.
St Paul's Church is one of the oldest on the Canterbury plains.
St Mary the Virgin, Addington, 29 August 2015 #P1000165.
The Anglican Church of St Mary the Virgin has been an integral part of the Addington community in Christchurch City,
James Alexander Lowe (Service no. 67809) was as First World War soldier with links to Heathcote.
Charles William Beazley (Service no. 8/2534) was a First World War soldier with links to Heathcote
A memorial in Christchurch for the people who lost their lives or were injured on 22 February 2011
Harvey Terrace, 12 April 2015 #P1000956.
Runs off Fitzgeral Avenue
Alexandra Street, 30 December 2014 #P1000125.
Runs from Stanmore Road to Fitzgerald Avenue in Richmond
Walter Charles Evans (Service no. 8/1232) was a First World War soldier with ties to Heathcote Valley
Robert Weir (Service no. 36505) was a First World War soldier with links to Heathcote.
Former Factory, 31 Dundas Street, East Elevation.
31 Dundas Street was built for boot manufacturers M. O'Brien & Co in 1901.  The business was founded in 1884
Former factory, 31 Dundas Street, 3 March 2011 #IMG 5569.
The former factory building at 31 Dundas Street was badly damaged in the 2010/2011 earthquakes and was demolished in 2011.
The fountain was designed by Victor Hean, an architect with the Christchurch City Council from 1925 - 1936t. The Bowker
Upper Riccarton Memorial Library Roll of Honour.
This lists the First World War 1 soldiers recorded on the Upper Riccarton Memorial Library Roll of Honour
Otahuna 2.
Otahuna is a Tai Tapu homestead formerly owned by Sir Heaton Rhodes
George Craw (Service no. 23/392) was a First World war soldier with links to Harewood.
The Dux de Lux survived intact.
Situated on the corner of Hereford and Monteal Streets, the Dux de Lux Restaurant, brewery and bar was originally built
Dux De Lux, 41 Hereford Street, West Facade.
Situated on the corner of Hereford and Monteal Streets, the Dux de Lux Restaurant, brewery and bar was originally built
Harry Allan Wilson Lake #40821 was a First World War soldier with links to Upper Riccarton
Robert George Cox, WW1 soldier, with links to Marshland, Christchurch.
Private William Lewis Illingworth (Service no. 24/2010) was a First World War Soldier with links to Heathcote.
The Church of the Protection of the Mother of God is a Russian Orthodox church in Le Bons Bay built
St Cuthbert's Church (8 Governors Bay Road) is an Anglican church in Allandale built in 1860.

Register now. Explore Kete Christchurch, create topics/stories, add images, documents, audio and video. Comment on existing material and connect your stories with others. 

Add your stories, photos, memories of the earthquakes and the aftermath to the Canterbury Earthquake 2010 - 2011 basket. 


Baskets

Random Image from the Archive

Cecil House, 69-75 Manchester Street, 24 February 2011 .

Blank Play/Pause Slideshow. Next Image.