Topic: Nurse Maude Building

Topic type:

Built in 1918 the former Nurse Maude District Nursing Association building was located at 192 Madras Street and demolished after the 2010/2011 earthquake sequence.

Located at 192 Madras Street the former Nurse Maude District Nursing  Association building was a two storey, stand alone, Edwardian Freestyle building with a decorative façade, built in 1918.

The building was the headquarters of the Nurse Maude District Nursing Association from 1919 to 1973, and the home of pioneering district nurse Sibylla Maude, who lived and died in the building.

The building was designed by well-known architectural firm the England Brothers in 1918.

Badly damaged in the 2010/2011 earthquakes the  building was demolished

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion