Topic: Merchiston, 80 Riverlaw Terrace

Topic type:

Built in 1879 for Andrew Anderson the house is named after Merchiston Castle, the school he attended in Scotland. The house began with four rooms and was expanded to meet the needs of a growing family. The property was bought by Ewart Smith in 1927. Methodist churches held social functions there and Christian Fellowship groups and Girls' and Boys' Bridgades now use the house for meetings and small camps.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Merchiston, 80 Riverlaw Terrace


City:Christchurch
Suburb :St Martins
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 New Zealand License
Merchiston, 80 Riverlaw Terrace by Cecil is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 New Zealand License