Topic: Our Lady of Victories School, 106 Main South Road, Sockburn

Topic type:

The Sisters of Mercy founded Our Lady of Victories and many other Catholic schools in Christchurch.

On 6 February 1956, two Sisters of Mercy opened Our Lady of Victories School. On the first day there were 79 students. The school continued to grow, and more classrooms were built. Lots of families moved into the area around the school, and so a new seven-classroom building was opened in 1956. The roll continues to grow, and the Mercy Values put in place by the Mercy Sisters are still modelled everyday throughout the school.

Part of the Our Lady of Victories Parish. 106 Main South Road Sockburn

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Our Lady of Victories School, 106 Main South Road, Sockburn


City:Christchurch
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 New Zealand License
Our Lady of Victories School, 106 Main South Road, Sockburn by Cecil is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 New Zealand License