Topic: Former Canterbury Jockey Club, 128 Oxford Terrace

Topic type:

The Canterbury Jockey Club on the Oxford Terrace Strip was built in 1912 and demolished in 2011.

Former Canterbury Jockey Club, 128 Oxford Terrace The former home of the Canterbury Jockey Club and of the Christchurch Stock Exchange. 

Built in 1912 it was designed by the architectural firm of Luttrell Brothers.

The jockey Club sold their building to the Gough family in 1978; since the late 1980s and the development of the Oxford Terrace Strip, it has been occupied by a succession of bars and restaurants. 

Badly damaged by the Christchurch earthquakes the building was demolished in 2011

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion