Topic: St John the Baptist Church, Latimer Square

Topic type:

The Anglican Church of St John the Baptist,  stood on the corner of Madras  & Hereford Streets, overlooking Latimer Square and was popularly known as St John's, Latimer Square. 

Built in 1865 it was one of the oldest Anglican Churches in the city.  

Badly damaged in the Earthquakes the church was demolished in 2011 and the parish gifted the land to be the site of the Transitional Cathedral.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

St John the Baptist Church, Latimer Square


City:Christchurch
Suburb :Central City
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 New Zealand License
St John the Baptist Church, Latimer Square by Cecil is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 New Zealand License