Topic: Christchurch Girls' High School, 40 Armagh Street, Christchurch
Christchurch Girls' High School was established in 1877.
The school's original building was on Cranmer Square, which was renamed the Cranmer Centre, when the school moved to the current Matai Street East site in 1986.
At the time of the 2011 earthquakes the Cranmer Square buildings were owned by Christ's College. The buildings were badly damaged in the earthquake and were demolished in May 2011.