Topic: Harvey Terrace, Christchurch
Runs east off Fitzgerald Avenue to Draper Street.
Named after Patrick Harvey (1880?-1949). Formerly known as Windsor Terrace.
Land for sale in Windsor Terrace is advertised in the Star in 1893. Windsor Terrace first appears in street directories in 1896 as a “continuation of Draper Street”. Re-named Harvey Terrace on 1 September 1948 when 120 streets were re-named. Harvey, a teacher, was the secretary of the SINZ Motor Union and a longtime resident of the street. - Christchurch City Libraries. Christchurch Street and Place Names.