Topic: Richmond Methodist Church, 315 Stanmore Road
Richmond Methodist Church was built on Stanmore Rd in 1879, just 11 years after its smaller predecessor, built in 1868.
The adjacent church hall, which collapsed as a result of the earthquake on 13 June 2011, was built in 1886 as a Sunday school for the church
Subsequent to the earthquake on 22 February 2011, two buildings at 311 Stanmore Road were demolished, the church hall and a church building from the Richmond Methodist Church
Due to earthquake damage to the church and hall, Sunday Services are currently being held with Crossway at St Albans Uniting Church, corner of Nancy Avenue and Knowles Street
The church was moved from Stanmore Road to its new home on Marshland Road in April 2016.