Latest 10 topics

College of Education #DSCN2481.
Christchurch College of Education was an educational institute based in Christchurch. It was founded in 1877, and ceased operation in
Strowan, St Andrews College.
"Strowan", was the home of George Stead and his family.   From 1917 it was part of St Andrew's College.
Iris and Jac Hogers, 1960 .
Barnes Road runs from Cavendish Road to the Main North Road
Snowball.
Cavendish Road in Casebrook runs from Northcote Road to Styx Mill Road.
Morrison Avenue Reserve.
Morrison Avenue in Northcote runs from Sawyers Arms Road to Langdons Road.
Stourbridge Street, Spreydon  #P1090415.
Stourbridge Street runs from Barrington Street to Lyttelton Street.

Information about Christchurch's places, suburbs and streets.

Definitive origins of many names of Christchurch streets are not possible. In some cases there may be more than one possible origin so all known possibilities are listed. As Christchurch evolved, and boroughs joined the city, duplicate street names occurred. To overcome this duplication and the confusion it caused, streets were later renamed. References to these former and later names are included.

This is a semi-locked basket; to join the basket contact the site administrator.

 

image

Random Image from the Archive

Our Lady of Victories School Fair, 6 November 2016 #P1060500.

Blank Play/Pause Slideshow. Next Image.