Fitzgerald's statue, Rolleston Avenue

Original Filename: Fitzgerald_s_statue_December2011_312.jpg (view)

Original Size: 1.6 MB

Original Image Type: image/jpeg

Fitzgerald's statue, Rolleston Avenue.

Caption

Fitzgerald was the first superintendent of CanterburyProvince from 1853-1857. The statue, which was donated by R. E. Green in 1938, was created by artist and teacher F. A. Shurrock and cast in bronze in England.  It was erected in 1939.

 Photo taken 3 December 2011 by Donna Robertson.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion