St John's Church, Latimer Square, 234 Hereford Street

Original Filename: St_John_s_Church__Latimer_Square..jpg (view)

Original Size: 166.3 KB

Original Image Type: image/jpeg

St John's Church, Latimer Square, 234 Hereford Street.

Caption

The Anglican Church of St John the Baptist,  stood on the corner of Madras  & Hereford Streets, overlooking Latimer Square and was popularly known as St John's, Latimer Square.  Built in 1865 it was one of the oldest Anglican churches in the city.   The church was demolished in 2011 and the parish gifted the land to be the site of the Transitional Cathedral ( the Cardboard Cathedral). 

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion